[Update: I have found a Junior Designer so this job posting is closed] I am searching for a Junior UI Designer (in Richmond, Virginia) with skills and potential, but limited work experience. This is the kind of meaningful entry-level opportunity I wish I’d had when starting my own career.
You are looking for a UI design job.
You’re a good designer now but are driven to be great. Your portfolio is killer. You’re getting interviews, but you don’t have much experience, so every good position you apply for goes to someone with 3+ years of experience.
You’re considering applying for that cog-in-the-machine corporate design job churning out banner ads (ugh) because let’s face it, you need to eat and pay rent.
But the thought of that job turns your stomach.
A meaningful opportunity
Duane Smith Design helps organizations launch websites, apps, and brands. Right now, I’m designing a website for a technology company, another for a hair care product line that retails in Walmart, a native mobile app for a recipe publisher, a rebrand for a dating site, and last but not least, a little website for the MoMA (yes, that MoMA).
I’m also already booked out to August. I’m overloaded with work and need help with website visual design.
I could hire a Senior designer with 6-10 years of experience, but I want to provide the kind of meaningful entry-level opportunity I wish I’d had when starting my career.
This is a long-term contract engagement with full-time employment potential for the right candidate who grows into the position. As a contractor, you will work 40 hours a week on-site in our downtown Richmond office, working together with me as well as our team of remote designers and developers in a collaborative environment.
- A killer portfolio with demonstrable user interface design (UI) skills
- Proficiency with Sketch (I don’t have time to teach you how to use software)
- Familiarity with HTML & CSS (just a general understanding of how it works)
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or a CMS in general
- A killer portfolio with demonstrable user interface design (UI) and user experience (UX) skills
- Advanced proficiency with Sketch (libraries, nested symbols, design systems, the works)
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Understanding of HTML & CSS (semantics, DOM, CSS syntax, CSS box model)
- Understanding of WordPress functionality (including the Gutenberg block editor)
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field
Duane Smith Design is committed to diversity and inclusivity and everyone is welcome to apply. Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application to be considered.
[Update: I have found a Junior Designer so this job posting is closed]