- Because I’m a trustworthy consultant who won’t bullshit you
- Because I’m an experienced designer with a ruthless devotion to efficiency
“A ruthless devotion to efficiency” probably isn’t how you’d expect a design firm to describe themselves. That’s because Duane Smith Design isn’t a design firm—it’s a Design Consultancy.
Yes, design is a significant factor, but it’s only half of the equation. The other half is consulting. As a consultant, I’m here to make you money, save you money, or both. I do that by being ruthlessly efficient in:
- How I work: my processes, documentation, communication, billing, organizing, scheduling, coordinating, learning—everything is as repeatable and as productive as possible.
- How I think: I define problems, establish goals, and then strip away everything that gets in the way of solving problems and meeting goals.
- My work itself: I carefully consider every line, curve, shape, and color to determine if they’re truly necessary, test and validate mercilessly, and then craft interfaces that are simple to develop.